Rosehip Oil is has caused quite a stir in the world of skincare recently. So what exactly are the benefits of this miracle oil?
Used for centuries by Medics, Dermatologists and Skincare Professionals, Rosehip oil has natural healing, regenerating and therapeutic properties. Today, Rosehip Oil has been found extremely diverse, providing a natural solution to many skin problems such as scars, dehydration, dark spots, wrinkles, dryness and stretch marks.
What is Rosehip?
Rosa moschata, Rosa rubiginosa or Rosa eglanteria: a plant originally from Europe and South America – Mild climates.
- A Wild bush which is the part of Rosaceae family, that can reach more than 2 meters high, with a thin, flexible and curved stem covered in violet thorns.
- Deciduous leaves made up of 5 to 9 leaflets with serrated and glossy edges.
- The flowers have five free petals of rose or white-rose color and musky aroma.
- After it’s petals have fallen, the plant develops a reddish oval fruit full of enormous seeds (they make up 70% of its weight). Oil can be extracted from these seeds – considered today as one of the most powerful existing dermal regenerators.
Benefits of using Rosehip Oil
Rosehip Oil, in it’s purest form contains a high content of Omegas, anti-oxidants and Vitamin A which have exceptional effect on the skin:
- Soothes irritated and sensitive skin
- Rehydrates dry and dehydrated skin
- Helps diminish dark spots
- Reduces appearance of stretch marks and scars
- Delays the appearance of premature wrinkles
Who is it recommended for?
- Dehydrated skin frequently subjected to extreme climates (cold, sun, etc)
- Mature, aged skin or wrinkled skin
- Skin undergoing surgery, chemical peeling, or with post-surgical scars.
- Skin undergoing oncological treatments, (radiotherapy and chemotherapy)
- Sensitive skin presenting dryness, redness or itching.
- Skin with stretch marks – ideal for pregnant women.
- Skin with darkspots related to hormone changes or excessive solar exposures.
The Skin is rejuvenated and renewed with a more uniformed and flawless appearance.
Interested in becoming a Germaine de Capuccini stockist – please contact us. Available in your local Germaine de Capuccini centre.